"Music exists for the purpose of growing a beautiful heart."
Welcome to Shively Piano Studio!
Emily Shively uses the Suzuki method of music education. This approach gives the child the ability to play first by ear, developing beautiful tone and musicality before learning theory and music reading. Parents are thoroughly involved in their child’s piano lessons and act as a home coach, facilitating practice times. Parents are encouraged to start their child’s lessons as young as 3 years of age, but it is never too late to begin the journey of musical exploration!
Here are a few reasons to chose Emily and the Suzuki Method:
- Parents do not need any musical history, the Suzuki Method gives opportunity for parent to learn alongside the student
- Students are able to start at a much younger age than with traditional lessons, allowing them to advance sooner than most
- Good energy and loves working with children and believes every child has potential
- Warm and encouraging atmosphere with in home studio
- Certified in Suzuki teaching to give your child the best Suzuki experience
- Conveniently located just outside of Maple Grove, serving families in Rogers, Osseo, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, Medina, St. Michael, Corcoran, Hamel, Otsego and beyond.
- Focus on musicality and quality of sound, creating a critical foundation for their future in music.
- Affordable rates and flexible hours
- Optional summer lessons
- Children participate in recitals and other public performances